We are recognize that we are privileged to be able to earn a good living by working in an expensive real estate market. We also recognize that many are not as fortunate as our clients and need a helping hand due to circumstances beyond their control.
Greater Boston Home Team supports the following local organizations and will make a donation to one of these organizations for each home purchase or sale that we broker for our clients.
We support organizations that are grassroots organizations that seek to make a long term impact on the people that they serve. They rely primarily or solely on private contributions and make a significant impact in the communities that they serve and our clients live in.
COVID 19 has hit many communities very hard, and especially those people that are invisible to most of us. If you have a good job, home and food on your table every day, we ask you to help us provide the next meal to those that urgently need our help. You can make a one time donation or set up a monthly donation at one of the links below.
Women’s Lunch Place
The women’s lunch place is a unique organization that supports women with a range of challenges and helps them get back on their feet. Last year, Women’s Lunch Place prepared and served 104,715 meals to over 1,500 individual women. Their mission is entirely funded by private donors and they need your help!
- most of their clients have experienced trauma, abuse, and/or loss
- they welcome approximately 250 women each day without judgment or requirements for assistance
- they provide medical care, healthy breakfasts and lunches
- their basic necessities and services help restore dignity and hope to some of Boston’s most vulnerable women
$2,500 Provides one year of Direct Care essentials for five women
$ 1,000 Supplies emergency clothing to help 10 women survive winter
$ 500 Prevents eviction & stabilizes a woman’s housing situation
$ 300 Provides one day of healthy lunch for all guests
$ 150 Provides one day of nutritious breakfast for all guests
$ 100 Stocks their Mobile Food Pantry with fresh fruit for one week
$ 50 Sponsors a winter coat for one woman
$ 25 Helps provide PPE to their guests
- prepares and delivers dietitian-approved meals to chronically and critically ill clients and their families across the state
- the individuals and families they serve have little or no emergency food supplies
- 92% of their clients live in poverty
$30 provides a week’s worth of dietitian-approved shelf-stable foods and pantry staples to someone that is not able to provide for their own meals.
$60 provides a week’s worth of food for the critically ill person and their caregiver.
$120 provides a week’s worth of food to a family of four in need.
The Giving Group MA (Massachusetts)
The Giving Group MA allows individual donors to pool their small donations together to make a larger contribution to help local organizations receive more significant amounts than they could otherwise contribute as individuals. Most, if not all, of the organizations supported would not receive any support at all without private donations.
- individual donors have commited to donating $100 four times a year
- 100% of the donations are pooled together and contributed to a needy local organization
- members meet (currently online) to nominate local needy organizations that need support
- members then vote to select the organization that will receive all of the money donated that quarter
- quarterly donations can be made automatically by credit card
- our goal is to get to $10,000 per quarter as soon as possible
Please join us!
For more information about the Giving Group MA, please contact our president, Sam Schneiderman.