Greater Boston Home Team supports the following local organizations and will make a donation to one of these organizations for each home purchase or sale that we broker for our clients.
COVID 19 has hit many communities very hard, especially those people that are invisible to most of us. If you have a good job, home, and food on your table every day, we ask you to help provide the next meal to those that urgently need our help. Please make a one time or monthly donation at one of the links below. Thanks!
We support grassroots organizations that seek to make a long term impact on the people they serve. These organizations make a significant impact in the communities that our clients live in. They rely primarily or solely on private contributions.
Women’s Lunch Place
The women’s lunch place is a unique organization that supports women with a range of challenges and helps them get back on their feet. Last year, Women’s Lunch Place prepared and served 104,715 meals to over 1,500 individual women. Their mission is entirely funded by private donors and they need your help!
- most of their clients have experienced trauma, abuse, and/or loss
- they welcome approximately 250 women each day without judgment or requirements for assistance
- they provide medical care, healthy breakfasts and lunches
- their basic necessities and services help restore dignity and hope to some of Boston’s most vulnerable women
$2,500 – Provides one year of Direct Care essentials for five women
$1,000 – Supplies emergency clothing to help 10 women survive winter
$500 – Prevents eviction & stabilizes a woman’s housing situation
$300 – Provides one day of healthy lunch for all guests
$150 – Provides one day of nutritious breakfast for all guests
$100 – Stocks their Mobile Food Pantry with fresh fruit for one week
$50 – Sponsors a winter coat for one woman
$25 – Helps provide PPE to their guests
- prepares and delivers dietitian-approved meals to chronically and critically ill clients and their families across the state
- the individuals and families they serve have little or no emergency food supplies
- 92% of their clients live in poverty
$30 provides a week’s worth of dietitian-approved shelf-stable foods and pantry staples to someone that is not able to provide for their own meals.
$60 provides a week’s worth of food for the critically ill person and their caregiver.
$120 provides a week’s worth of food to a family of four in need.
The Giving Group MA (Massachusetts)
The Giving Group MA allows individual donors to pool their small donations together to make a larger contribution to help local organizations receive more significant amounts than they could otherwise contribute as individuals. Most, if not all, of the organizations supported would not receive any support at all without private donations.
- individual donors have committed to donating $100 four times a year
- 100% of the donations are pooled together and contributed to a needy local organization
- members meet (currently online) to nominate local needy organizations that need support
- members then vote to select the organization that will receive all of the money donated that quarter
- quarterly donations can be made automatically by credit card
- our goal is to get to $10,000 per quarter as soon as possible
Please join us!
For more information about the Giving Group MA, visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TGGMA/ to see the grassroots causes that we have donated to.
If you would like to join us, go to the donation page at https://giving.group/ma
For more information about any of these organizations, feel free to contact our president, Sam Schneiderman .